RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PROJECT PRECEPTOR
The project preceptor shall be assigned by the Program Coordinator to the resident according to the project topic chosen. The preceptor shall be responsible for providing guidance to the resident in the following areas:
- Conducting primary literature search.
- Assessing and selecting relevant literature to support project idea.
- Drafting an argument in the defense of the project idea.
- Working with the resident on oral presentation style.
- Drafting an initial study design.
- Drafting the inclusion and exclusion criteria.
- Determining an appropriate data collection duration.
- Determining an appropriate sample size.
- Identifying any confounding factors.
- Identifying appropriate end-points for the study.
- Analyzing the data collected.
- Providing constructive criticisms when assessing the drafts for the project report, and submissions for publication/ presentations/ awards.