Written and created by:
Alice Tseng, Pharm. D.
Christine Malmberg, Pharm. D.
Toronto General Hospital
Many thanks to the contributions of:
Community AIDS Treatment Information Exchange (CATIE)
Michelle Foisy, Pharm. D.
The Wellesley Health Centre
Toronto People With AIDS Foundation (PWA)
Booklet design and illustrations by:
Cynthia Yee Illustration
Printed with the assistance of an educational grant from:
- Why take antiretrovirals?
- Why is it important to take medications regularly?
- Why do certain drugs have to be taken with food and others taken on an empty stomach?
- What if you have side effects?
- Should you lower your drug dose if you are having side effects?
- Is it safe to take antiretrovirals with other medications?
- Is it safe to use alcohol or recreational drugs while you are on antiretroviral therapy?
- Why should medications be stored under specific conditions?
- What are some suggestions and tips to help make taking medications easier?
- Who should you tell if you are having problems?
- How can you get support and encouragement?